UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

May I ask to confirm what you would understand this term of…

Customer Question
May I ask for you...
May I ask for you to confirm what you would understand this term of a contract to mean. "The agreement will continue for a period of one year (12 months) from the date of signature. A minimum of 12 weeks notice can be submitted in writing from either party at the renewal date of the agreement. Notice can be served within 7 days of the renewal date. If notice is not received in this specific term this agreement will automaticly renew for a further term of two years (24 months) This contract automatically renews on the two tears above. We understand it like this.... The first year is offered and if the customer is happy and gives no notice it then falls in to a two year rolling agreement (tear One)offering 12 weeks notice a renewal Tear two? would you agree?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2016
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the agreement for?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - What is the agreement for?

it is for a cleaning service

Thank you. So the term basically states that initially the contract will be for a period of 12 months from the date of signature. If you wanted to cancel it so that it does not go beyond the initial term and renew itself, you must serve 12 weeks’ notice. That notice must be served within 7 days of the initial renewal date. If no notice is served or it is served outside of this period, then the contract will automatically renew for another 2 years from that date. So in effect the next time it can be cancelled would be with the same notice period but in 2 years’ time.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hi

Thanks your answer has not gone to my page and the only way im seeing it is because customer service has sent me a link can you tell them this please. It keep happening?

Yes of course I will report that to them.

Also, if your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you