Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

We operate a business which provides Limited Company

Customer Question

We operate a business which provides Limited Company contractors to companies that require their services. We operate predominantly out of the U.K. . We would like to train some of these individuals on a new piece of software on the basis that should we win any opportunities then we can utilise them as resources.
What contractural terms can we rely on and what contractural terms can we not rely on in a contract between two legal entities ?
Are there any contract laws that prohibit the costs of training being re-charged to the company in the event that the skills we have given them are used by our competition
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Naveed Khan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your message.

Before answering your question, may I ask you for some clarification.

1. Are you a registered entity(outside UK) and you transact business with registered entities in UK?

2. The individuals whom you train are based within UK? how do you utilise them as resources?

3. What to you mean by 'costs of training being recharged to the company'? Who are you suggesting would pay for these costs if the skills imparted to these individuals are used in competitor organisations and I presume you mean they move to a competing business after acquiring skills?

Please clarify so that I can provide you with better understanding of UK contract law.

Regards

Khan