UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My 18 year old son has been charged along with s friend,

Customer Question
My 18 year old...

My 18 year old son has been charged along with his friend for ABH, both have never been in any trouble. they both came out from a nightclub, there was lots of people, both had been drinking, my son's friend went across the road and started arguing with 2 males in their 20s, my son stayed a distance away and lit up a cigarette not really watching his friend as there was lots of people around, his friend punched 1 male knocking him to the ground, my son still didn't approach and claims not to have seen the punch. Then the 2 males start grabbing his friend ripping his clothes etc, my son at this point approaches, circles as if not sure what to do then jabs 1 causing a bruise and 2 milometer graze. It's on cctv and my son states his intention was to stop the fight as there was 2 on 1. The fight stopped immediately. The medical evidence is a fractured jaw consistent with his friends punch and bruise consistent with my son's punch. His friend is pleading guilty, my son wants yo plead defending his friend, it's going to magistrates court then crown court

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: What advice did they give you?

They say my son's statement and cctv and stills are all consistent but we need to prove that it wasn't joint as they are both charged jointly, the victim has given a statement saying he was drunk and only remembers being in pain

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?

No nothing

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
The other male hasn't made a statement, there is medical evidence of the fractured jaw and bruise. My son has excellent character witnesses also and is employed
3/6/2016
Solicitor: Alice H, Solicitor/Partner replied 2 years ago
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner

My name is ***** ***** I would be please to help you today. Do you have a specific question about this issue?

Hi there - do you still require help with this matter?
no thankyou
Alice H
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner