UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My wife is pursuing a divorce, I have signed the divorce…

Customer Question
My wife is pursuing a...
My wife is pursuing a divorce, I have signed the divorce papers with the reason given as unacceptable behaviour. She is posting messages on Facebook regarding details of our divorce. I have asked her not to do, my parents have asked her to stop placing messages on Facebook too, yet she continues - could this be considered as unacceptable under the harassment act?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/7/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is she actually saying?

Thanks Clare,The reason for the divorce was that I had visited escorts and viewed pornography and webcams once the family had gone to bed or whilst away on business trips. There was no sexual intercourse , hence the reason for the divorce being Unreasonable Behaviour and not Adultery.One comment I have an immediate copy of is "I keep being asked if I feel lonely. Of course I do, no one really enjoys sharing a bottle of wine with themselves. But would I rather share it with a man who had so little respect for me he regularly used prostitutes? Hell no!"Another said "I'm not scared so do not care, you cannot treat a woman the way he has and expect to get away with it. Hell hath no fury like a woman scored. One day the full truth will out and you all had better be ready for what the wonderful Lloyd has really done. Go tell that to who ever you want. You know who you are"A comment to a post from a friend of mine regarding a night out was "Wow, enjoy trying to stomach your beer sitting near a man who cheated on his wife 186 times during their marriage"In terms of facts, I made 10 visits over an 8 year period. The 186 number being posted relates to the number of webcam sessions over the same period.I have twice asked her to stop posting the messages. Her uncle has warned her about posting messages on Facebook. Our children's Godfather has also asked her twice not to put messages up for the kids sake and future well-being and my father has spoken with her father to voice his concerns over the messages.There are more but I don't have them to hand at this point in time.

How many messages has she put up in the last month - roughly

At least 16 over the last 3 months, probably 5 or 6 over the last month that i know of

How has she accessed the messages she replied to?