UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have been charged with Assault by beating, i had a dispute…

Customer Question
I have been charged...

I have been charged with Assault by beating

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I had a dispute with a neighbour outside my partners house, he came onto her property shouting and swearing, about my van being parked, i asked him what his problem was, he has been awkward with me for the past 20 months, he went back to his house next door so I went to his porch to try and calm the situation he got aggressive and came at me so i put my hands up palms towards him to stop him, he stumbled back and fell and called to his wife to call the police, i left to pick my partner up from friends of ours as I had only come back to pick my dog up, I returned approx 40 mins later when I was arrested

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
you mention $45? I am in the UK not the USA
3/5/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hello I am a UK barrister, what do you want to know about your case?

I believe I acted in self defence, the duty solicitor said ethnically it was an assault ! my intention was to stop this person coming towards me and causing myself or him any injury, unfortunately he has fallen backwards, how do I stand ?
he claims i pushed him which i did not i merely put my hands up palms towards him in order to avoid a physical fight

Are you asking if you are guilty?