UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My issue is regards to my house I own with my ex partner, We…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** my issue is regards ***** ***** house I own with my ex partner

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We agreed to sell a house we bought together, all went through and we were due to exchange this week, he has just pulled out just before exchange. I am no longer in the property and he is. I know my 2 options are he either buys me out which he cant do or I need to force him to sell but what would the time frame be and how much would that cost roughly?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/3/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

The process of seeking an order for sale of the property normally takes between 1 and 3 months and can cost usually (if you are instructing a barrister for the hearings) about £3000. On the basis of what you have written there should not be any difficulty in obtaining the order for sale. You can seek that the costs of the application are met by him ( a costs order against him. Whilst you don't necessary get everything which you have spent you should get about 60-70 per cent back). I hope that this helps. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate