Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I received a Summonds to appear at my local Magistrates

Customer Question

I received a Summonds to appear at my local Magistrates Court regarding Business rates. I was sidetracked by a member of the Council who listened to my reasons for disputing the claim. She then told me she would look into it and that there was no need for me to stay at Court. She then went before the Magistrates and got a liability order against me in my absence. The Council have admitted this. Can I appeal or have the order set asside?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Was the liability order the formal outcome you received from these charges?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frankly, your response doesn't make sense to the question you were asked. You charged me £40.00 to answer my question. Please answer the question or refund my money
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Good luck with this. Opting out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please confirm you will not be taking any money from me or giving me a refund?