Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

Do we have a case or is this allowed? We purcahsed some

Customer Question

Do we have a case or is this allowed?
We purcahsed some bricks on the day I opened a self build account so I had to pay for them immediately by credit card. Said bricks were delievred to TP in one batch (as is normally done to ensure colour match etc.) by our local brick works. TP delivered half the bricks and stored some for us. When it came to delivering the remainder of the bricks they didn't match in size. It came to light TP sold out stock and replaced it with a new order from the local brick works. Thankfully the local brick works cut each brick by hand to ensure we could finish building our house. Massive stress and delays obviously ensued from this situation.
We have complained to TP in writing and are refusing to pay some outstanding accounts in order to keep communications open. However, we can only seem to be able to deal with credit control or the manager of our local branch (the one who sold our bricks) which seems quite autonomous to me? The manage states that the bricks are within british standards sizing so this isn't a problem although everyone in the industry knows you buy bricks in batches. This is such a niche point of law I can't seem to get any answers as to whether he has actually sold our property or not? Any comments appreciated.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I am unclear as to your question - there may be a typo in the last part