UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

What is the Equivilant of filing a UCC-1 (recording a notice

Customer Question
of a lien) in the...
What is the Equivilant of filing a UCC-1 (recording a notice of a lien) in the United Kingdom??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, What is the equivilent office for a Secretary of State for a state/province in the U.K. ?
2/25/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

i shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is it that you are trying to achieve?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What I am trying to acheive is merely to KNOW the equivilent office of a Secretary of State for a province, similar to how in new york there is a Secretary of State for New York / Department of State New York office. I merely want to know the equivilent. I am doing nothing i just am studying. Can you provide me the correct answer or not ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Other answer is what is the equivilent of a UCC-1 in the UK. I know it is PPSA in australia and Canada...what is it in UK ?

There is no direct equivalent in the UK as we are not based on States or provinces in terms of Administration

The most likely equivalent would be to look at a Local Authority - and each of those will have a Chief Executive - who is employed and also a Leader of the Council - who is elected from the members of the largest political group on the council - if it is a City Council they are likely to be called the Mayor - unless it is one of the relatively few places that have a separate elected mayor

There is equally no direct equivalent of a UCC-1

The most likely equivalent there is a Charging Order for land - or a Warrant Of Control form for other property

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WHERE are the liens in the U.K. publicly recorded? ! ?! ?!?!?!?! Is your answer "they are not?" if they are not, just tell me. But how do you put your lien first in line and get a date that the lien was filed, for priority of claims??? I'm sure U.K. also follows Uniform Commercial Code, it's all over the world. Please give a better answer, for a good rating thank you.

All Charges on Land are recorded at the Land Registry

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but everything in commerce is based on Maritime law, i.e. law of the sea which is different than law of the land. You have no Commercial Registry in all of the U.K. ?? Can you show me a copy of the forms that you use to record a lien in the U.K. please ?

Sorry - are we talking about a ship here?

Clare
Clare
Clare, Solicitor