UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I have concerns about my daughter seeing her dad. He is a

Customer Question
weed addict, is very verbally...
I have concerns about my daughter seeing her dad. He is a weed addict, is very verbally aggressive and has a history of domestic violence in a previous relationship. He smokes weed while my daughter is in his care or asks his mum to watch her while he stays out late smoking weed with his friends. He has lost his temper with his older children in front of my daughter. Can I stop my daughter from seeing him?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/22/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old is your daughter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hu Clare...thankyou for your assistance...my daughter is 6
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I feel that the way he is, is having an affect on her as she is being monitored by an educational psychologist at school, as the teachers had concerns about her behavior and the way she can be emotionally

How often does he see her

D you trust his mother to keep her safe

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He sees her every other weekend and half the holidays, in a previous relationship her father had, his mother was not able to stop him from holding a knife to the mother of his older children's throat, I only recently found this information out, so on hearing that, no I don't feel that his mum can protect my daughter

Is there a court order governing contact?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
an arrangement was made that he had her every other weekend and half the school holidays

Sorry - I need to know if that was an Order sealed by the Court - or just an agreement that you reached

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was an agreement that was reached

Excellent - so you will not be in breach if you change it!

What contact do you think would work for your daughter?

Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer