UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I am 16 years old and my employer caught me taking money…

Customer Question
I am 16 years...

I am 16 years old and my employer caught me taking money from her account this is my first ever offence and I've paid her the money back what will happen to me?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No but she won't prosecute me but she said her bank might

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?

No i just don't know whats going too happen too me

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hello are you asking from a criminal law point of view?

please
am i going too go too prison?

Sorry for the delay.

How much is involved?

£500 and it's my first time getting in trouble

What type of work do you do?

Hairdressing

Ok. How did you achieve this?

What did you actually do?

I used her credit card that was on the table and I've given the money back but I don't know what will happen too me

On just one occasion?

4 occasions

Ok. Have they already called the police?

she has

Ok.

There is an outside chance of a caution. It isnt particularly likely because this is theft from employer and that is aggravated because of the breach of trust. Also, this is a relatively large sum of money and this is fairly sophisticated offending with a high level of planning.

If the police are unwilling to caution then it would only lead to a low level communty order at court. It would not attract custody on a first incident.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

am I not going too go to jail? And what's Cauction

Not if it is just £500.

A caution is a police disposal. It does still sit on your PNC but it is better than a conviction.

Okay thank you

No problem.

Please remember to rate my answer.