UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I have been told that there will be a investigative meeting…

Customer Question
I have been told...

I have been told that there will be a investigative meeting organized to attend next week as I was sick with Diarrhea. I was back and forth from the toilets six times the night before but I thought hopefully this will pass and I will still go to work. After the last time I thought no this is still there. I woke up at my 7am alarm and then like alot of people said to myself "just another 5 minutes" ended up sleeping in past my start time and was really worried as I didnt call in sick. I honestly wasnt sure if it was worth calling in sick for.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

No not really sorry I'm 18 and work for BP

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
2/20/2016
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello how long have you worked there for?

3 and a half months.

Thank you. Being placed under investigation is not an automatic assumption of guilt and does not amount to disciplinary action. It allows the employer to conduct a reasonable investigation into the allegations against the employee. If the investigation gathers enough evidence to justify the taking disciplinary action that could be the next step. In that case the employee has the right to be informed in advance of the allegations against them and be given the opportunity to prepare for the hearing to defend themselves.

On the other hand, if the investigation does not find enough evidence to justify a disciplinary, the employer should allow the employee to return to work as normal.

In your case you have done something wrong, regardless of the reasons. You were not in work on time and even if this was due to not feeling well, you should have still informed the employer about it. They can treat this as a disciplinary matt if needed but that will be a decision they make after the investigation. So for the time being all you can do is assist them with this investigation, answer any questions they have and explain why you did what you did. If they decide to take it further then you will have the opportunity to defend yourself as necessary.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

the deposit i placed do i get it back or what?

Deposit for what please?

They said you make a $60 deposit for the solicitors and when you are satisfied you get it back
Is this service free or does it cost?

Are you not satisfied with the service?

just to clarify this is not a free service. You pay a deposit but you do not get it back if you are satisfied, you only get it back if you are not satisfied so that is why I was asking if you were not satisfied?

I'm not satisified because I found out pretty much the majority of stuff you told me on the internet.

ok goodbye

The deposit?

You can request a refund on the site, I cannot issue them