Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

My son has been charged with GBH, joint enterprise. The

Customer Question

My son has been charged with GBH , joint enterprise. The other lad has already pleaded guilty, to much evidence again st him. 2 lads were hurt, one serious.
My son pleaded not guilty, his trail is soon. He did not hit anyone, he got in between the fight and pulled the guilty boy away. Doing that one victim was pushed , this victim says my son done it as a order from the guilty lad.
Doing that he got blood on his trousers and one shoe. One of the witness / victim did say in his statement that my son said "he was not going to touch him ". The prosecution would not do a deal to the lesser section 20.
My question is if my son is found guilty, will he receive the same sentence as the other lad?? This is his first offence .
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

It might be worthwhile having a telephone discussion about this - let me know if you would like me to set it up.

But to answer your question, if your son is convicted on the basis of joint enterprise the court would treat him similarly to the first defendant although there might be some reduction of this previous good character and lesser role.

This sounds like one persons word against and it seems right that your son is having a trial if he was acting to diffuse the situation and / or in self defence. Much will depend on the quality of the evidence given by the alleged victim and what other eye witnesses say. The comment that your son made is very helpful as is his good character.

Happy to discuss further if needed.