How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 10528
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

There is some unregistered land at the back of my garden

Customer Question

There is some unregistered land at the back of my garden which I am interested in purchasing. I have been trying to track the owner but am having no luck. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. I would advise you to get a search agent to search the registry of deeds for the owners of the unregistered land. You can either do it yourself directly or you can get a solicitor to act on your behalf and arrange the search. Here is a link to a search agent who will do it on your behalf Be sure to agree a price in advance of getting the work done.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the Answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your Question so there is no incentive to answer any further questions.