UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My partner is in prison waiting sentence of conspiracy to…

Customer Question
Hello, my partner is...
Hello, my partner is in prison waiting for the sentence of conspiracy to supply class A drug. Police didn't catch him with anything, they just got the phone calls and some pictures of him sitting in random cars. He plead guilty to this that he is a street dealer. This is he's first time. He is 20 year old. for how long they may sentences him ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
2/19/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hello so to confirm - what exactly did he admit to?

He admit - conspiracy to supply class A drugs.
They have putted him as a lesser role. Street dealer.

Does he have any previous for anything?

Does he have previous for possession?

No, he don't.

Is this heroin?

cocaine

How much do they say it involves?

my partner didn't even have a lot of money or expensive things.
In this group there are 9 people, and out of this 9 he is at the bottom of this group. Police found 2 kg of cocaine but not with him, with other people from this group.

Ok. Proceeding on the basis that they accept it is street dealing then it will be category three.

I would imagine they are saying significant role. He doesn't have a leading role if there were others involved who were directly his actions but it isn't lesser role.

That would mean the starting point is four and a half years and the range is three and a half to seven years.

Those guidelines are for a man of good character pleading not guilty. A guilty plea would attract a reduction of one third and he would only serve half in custody.

However, I'm afraid PWITS of class A does attract custodial sentences.

Sorry but I can only give you truthful information.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Thank you so much for this information.
I got one more question, he have 5 years visa, he doesn't have uk passport and he is in England already more then 4 years, is there any danger for him that they could deport him back to he's country ?

Yes, there is. It is not just a danger. They will do that if he gets more than 12 months.
He can appeal on human rights grounds but it is getting hard to win.

He is from iran, they can deport him back there?
I am from Lithuania, and we are married already, this would not help him?

Yes. they can and they will.

You can make an application to avoid deportation on the grounds of the human right to a family life but it is not likely to succeed I'm afraid.