UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Can a person with a charging order on a leasehold tennant in…

Customer Question
Can a person with a...
Can a person with a charging order on a leasehold tennant in my property force me to sell my property or force my tennant to sell his business ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2016
Solicitor: Buachaill, Barrister replied 2 years ago
Buachaill
Buachaill, Barrister

1. Dear *****, a person with a charging order on a leasehold tenant in your property can force your tenant to sell his leasehold interest to pay off the monies owing on the charge. This can include forcing the tenant to sell his business to pay off the charge. However, the person holding the charging order cannot attach or force a sale of your interest in the property. Your interest is held separate from this charging order so the charging order does not attach to your interest. Nor can the charging order affect your interest in any way. So you are separate from these developments which can potentially affect your tenant.

2. Please Rate the Answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert receives no payment for answering your question.