Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My will is held by my eldest daughter I asked return of my

Customer Question

My will is held by my eldest daughter I asked for the return of my will it is my intention to revoke this will and make another will. My daughter ater my asking several times now has not sent or handed the existing document back to me in order that I can destroy it. Can I insist via a lawyer backing to recover the will or can bypass this will and write another in any case and say all other wills are valid and include that in the new will??
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

If you have a new will drafted then that will be the relevant will for the purpose of your estate and the will that your daughter holds will have absolutely no effect. Therefor you do not need to get the will back - you can simply override it with a new will. I hope this makes sense. Please rate positive. Thanks