How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., UK Law Answer Team
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 116837
Experience:  UK Law Expert
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was born in Portugal, and recently acquired a Residency

Customer Question

I was born in Portugal, and recently acquired a Residency Visa in Dubai and created a company there in the Dubai World Central (now known as Dubai South), the company does online advertising and I work with many companies in the US, cayman etc... (these are the companies to which I provide service and they pay Me)
I had always used a W8BEN when I was a Portuguese resident and was acting as an individual, now that "I'm" a company in Dubai, I'm being asked to submit a new w8/w9 form which form do I have to fill?
please partially fill it for me on the areas that apply, considering the information I gave you above
Please let me know as soon as possible my friend,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get an answer???????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are living in Dubai, they are telling you to fill out the wrong forms. The W-8/W-9 is for any Beneficiary Owner (Individual or Entity) who claims they are Tax Resident in United States. You are NOT a tax resident in the United States and as such you file the W8BEN, which you have always filled out before.
They are requesting the wrong form from you and you need to tell them that.