UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My boss thinks iv been stealing scratch cards he's going to…

Customer Question
My boss thinks iv been...
My boss thinks iv been stealing scratch cards he's going to get me arrested I always paid for them. He told me to stop severing myself so I paid for them at the beginning of my next shift but the camara dose look like I'm stealing them. He's told me I could get out of trouble if I sleep with him witch I won't do because I'm married with a baby. Do you think il get arrseted it only about £40 and iv never been in trouble before.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
2/11/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Has he reported it?

No not yet he's told me he deiced on Monday.
Will I be arrested and if so could I go to prison and how long for.

Yes, you could be arrested.

This is theft from employer so very serious for that reason.

However, it is a low amount in terms of value and so it might be that the police would just caution you

If they do charge then it will just lead to a fine or a very low level community order. Whatever the level of dishonesty, this is ultimately only £40.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

The thing is iv always paid for them at the end of my shift or beginning of my next shift. He has asked me to go talk to him today. What should I say to him.

It might not be accepted that you have always done that I'm afraid.

In terms of what to say, all you can really do is apologise.