Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Simon, I'm accused of tax credits fraud for £20,000 and

Customer Question

Hi Simon,
I'm accused of tax credits fraud for £20,000 and other benefits which in total amount to roughly 30,000, there basing the fraud on that my husband who I had an informal separation agreement with,he without me knowing left his insurance at my address of which he wasn't registered,there is no financial link to us at all during byte period of which they claim he was at address,working tax credits originally started the investigation have admitted in the evidence that there is no case due to the length of time but the tax credits are pursuing the case,they haven't asked me for any evidence from me and are just using bully boy tactics I'm quite concerned because vi haven't never even had points on my license never mind commit benefit fraud,true case of David and goliath.
Many thanks Donna.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a solicitor based in London. Do you have a specific question about this?