UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I live in Italy. I am a uk national married to a uk national…

Customer Question
I live in Italy. I...
I live in Italy. I am a uk national married to a uk national and I am looking to divirce
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
2/3/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What links do you still have with the Uk?

Technically non although we still use the seperate uk addresses we had prior to getting married 2 1/2 years ago. No other person involved just total breakdown

Hi

If you do still have Uk addresses that you use and you both agree to a divorce then you can issue proceedings here in the UK

The process is set out here

https://www.gov.uk/divorce/file-for-divorce

If you need further assistance - then please ask whatever it is that you wish to know!

Clare