How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34264
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Italy. I am a uk national married to a uk national

Customer Question

I live in Italy. I am a uk national married to a uk national and I am looking to divirce
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What links do you still have with the Uk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Technically non although we still use the seperate uk addresses we had prior to getting married 2 1/2 years ago. No other person involved just total breakdown
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


If you do still have Uk addresses that you use and you both agree to a divorce then you can issue proceedings here in the UK

The process is set out here

If you need further assistance - then please ask whatever it is that you wish to know!