UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

False imprisonment - difficulties in proving
, A

Customer Question
False imprisonment - difficulties...

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

A neighbour came into my house two months ago and assaulted me for around 15 - 20 minutes, forcing me into the kitchen, not letting me leave, threatening to kill me, striking me across the face repeatedly. But though there is psychological damage, there was no significant physical injury - the purpose was humiliation. What will be the difficulties in obtaining a conviction ? I should add that the whole thing is on tape, although audio only.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
2/2/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

How did he come to strike you repeatedly without leaving injury?

I was wearing a very heavy coat on my body and most of the strikes were "slaps" to the face, although that word is extremely pejorative.
He's actually also been charged with ABH, but i"m really asking about the false imprisonment charge - could you address that one? Ta.

Well, that is really an issue for the Crown.

All you do is give your evidence truthfully. Truthful witnesses don't really have to worry about anything else.

Nobody can discuss your evidence with you if you are a Crown witness as that offends against professional rules and also isn't very helpful from the point of view of the prosecution.

If you can't advise can you please make sure my money is refunded. Thanks.

Nobody can advise a witness in a live case.

Its not a complaint. You can't advise? I'm not arguing, I just need you refund my money. All Best.