UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I 't know how to get a deed of variation form or what I have…

Customer Question
I don't know how to...
I don't know how to get a deed of variation form or what I have to do, could someone please advise me with this? My mother was left out of her parents will. The money was left to her 2 brothers, they have all passed away now, the last brother died on 2/11/14 & he didn't have a wife or family & he left all his money in a trust fund to be given to animal charity's over a period of 21yrs, so most of the money should be still there, due to the amount was around 5-7 million. I don't have a problem with the money going to animal charity's, but I'm more or less penniless & would have liked some thing to secure me & my 2 sons future.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
2/2/2016
Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did your mother ever challenge her parents Will?

Where you in any way financially dependent on your Uncle?

Had he ever promised to make provision for you?

Hi Claire, I'm not very quick at this sorry No my mother didn't know if there was a will or not, because it was around 25 or more yrs ago & she prob would of not known what to do, but she was always told she would be left in the will. He told me & my sisters he would leave us in his will
I got both wills off the internet. I only found my grandmothers about 6 weeks ago. Our Uncle had left notes in his house re his will, the farm hand called Clive found them & gave them to us & again they said every thing he had told us in the past.

When did he make his last Will?

Me & my sister carried on helping him after our mother passed away, he used to take his washing for my mother to do, she lived next door to a laundrette, so it was not a problem to get it done when he came. My mother would do food shopping for him, he would have paid for the food I'm sure!! My sister & I carried on with his washing & my sister cooked & baked pies & cakes for him, he came every 4-6 weeks, depending how busy he was at the farm. I would just like to know about how I get a variation form to see if it would help me at all
He did a will or should I say trust in 2012, it was very difficult to understand & 6-7 pages long, he would have definitely not understood it all! He would of just understood his money would have gone to animal charity's, I don't think he truly knew how much he was worth, by the way he had hand written his notes re his will, which were found by his farm hand in his house. The solicitors who were the trustees & the excecuares came to the hospital a week before he passed away, I think he may have signed them all again then. He had, had poor health for quite a few yrs, cos he got afar. Hand in at the age of 70 as he had. Had his farm broken into & was beaten up, he never told anyone apart from a man who was a neighbore. Can you please tell me how to get a variation form & if I stand a chance in getting any thing? I don't want a lot, just some thing to help me so I'm not struggling the rest of my life
Re above, where it I put... He had, had poor health for quite a few yrs, (it then should have said )...... Because he got himself a farm hand to move in & help him when he was 70.
Do you think I would stand any chance of getting any where or am I just wasting my time, the solicitors who are handling my uncles trust don't seem to care about who I am & every thing that happened! It all seems to be very unfair & it's hard for me when I'm not sure what to do next or what I'm doing propley as I don't understand about variations that much

Which part of the Uk are you in?

Manchester
Hi Clare, are you still able to help with my question from yesterday?
Hi Clare, would you be able to let me no if you can help me or not by the end of today please?