UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My husbands ex wife won't stop sending abusive messages

Customer Question
about myself and my husband...
My husbands ex wife won't stop sending abusive messages about myself and my husband - they split up 6 years ago and we have been together 5 years - no connection to their separation but she won't stop the name calling and abuse, we had to go to court to get access to the kids. She has been diagnosed with bi polar and has started to send nasty messages but also pictures in her underwear - can we do anything legal to make it stop?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
2/1/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive

If she is sending abusive and threatening messages you have really one of two options. Notify the police and ask them to deal with the matter. The second and perhaps more realistic is to apply to the court for a non molestation order.

Non-molestation orders are a civil court order designed to protect people from domestic abuse. They are designed to prevent an abuser from molesting the applicant for the order, and can in some circumstances be used to protect their children as well. Non-molestation orders also forbid the abuser from asking others to harass or intimidate the applicant, and can also be extended to forbid the damage or disposal of property. From what you have written her behaviour will fall within this wide definition of domestic abuse. You can apply at your local family court - there are books which look at the topic - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

I hope this helps. Please rate positive. Thanks

Can you please remember to rate positive - any further questions - please ask

Thanks

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you