How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 33008
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husbands ex wife won't stop sending abusive messages

Customer Question

My husbands ex wife won't stop sending abusive messages about myself and my husband - they split up 6 years ago and we have been together 5 years - no connection to their separation but she won't stop the name calling and abuse, we had to go to court to get access to the kids. She has been diagnosed with bi polar and has started to send nasty messages but also pictures in her underwear - can we do anything legal to make it stop?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive

If she is sending abusive and threatening messages you have really one of two options. Notify the police and ask them to deal with the matter. The second and perhaps more realistic is to apply to the court for a non molestation order.

Non-molestation orders are a civil court order designed to protect people from domestic abuse. They are designed to prevent an abuser from molesting the applicant for the order, and can in some circumstances be used to protect their children as well. Non-molestation orders also forbid the abuser from asking others to harass or intimidate the applicant, and can also be extended to forbid the damage or disposal of property. From what you have written her behaviour will fall within this wide definition of domestic abuse. You can apply at your local family court - there are books which look at the topic -

I hope this helps. Please rate positive. Thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.


Can you please remember to rate positive - any further questions - please ask


Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you