UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Can you get in trouble at a club with possiby my id with it?

Customer Question
hi can you get in...
hi can you get in trouble for leaving weed at a club with possiby my id with it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
2/1/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Hello how much did you leave?

2g's in my hoodie

How many joints would that make normally?

about 3 but what would clubs tend to do and if theyre not in my possession anymore surely its ok?

It depends if they identify your hoodie. If an unlawful item is found within an item belonging to you then that is a fairly overwhelming evidence of possession.

Clubs could do anything. Some have a strict policy of calling the police. I would imagine the greater majority do not as they will not want to place at risk their licence.

The police don't always act upon cannabis anyway unless a person has lots of relevant previous convictions.

There isn't enough here to support a charge of PWITs.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo