UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My husband has cheated on me twice now with the same woman…

Customer Question
My husband has cheated...
My husband has cheated on me twice now with the same woman and now she is having his baby I need him out of are flat but council officer told me I will have to take him to court
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
1/30/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive

Is it a joint tenancy?

Solicitor: Clare, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Clare
Clare, Solicitor

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Whether or not it is a joint tenancy your husband has matrimonial home rights on the property

One option is to start divorce proceedings based on his Unreasonable Behaviour (adultery is hard to progress without your ex's assistance)

Once the divorce is underway you can apply for the financial issues - including the tenancy of the flat - to be dealt with by the court if no agreement can be reached.

You will need to try and discuss matters with your ex first using Family Mediation

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare