How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34236
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has cheated on me twice now with the same woman

Customer Question

My husband has cheated on me twice now with the same woman and now she is having his baby I need him out of are flat but council officer told me I will have to take him to court
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive

Is it a joint tenancy?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Whether or not it is a joint tenancy your husband has matrimonial home rights on the property

One option is to start divorce proceedings based on his Unreasonable Behaviour (adultery is hard to progress without your ex's assistance)

Once the divorce is underway you can apply for the financial issues - including the tenancy of the flat - to be dealt with by the court if no agreement can be reached.

You will need to try and discuss matters with your ex first using Family Mediation

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details