UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

4 days ago my car was booked waranty service at Mercedes…

Customer Question
Hi My name is Anton 4 days...
Hi
My name is Anton
4 days ago my car was booked for a waranty service at Mercedes Benz garage ,at 9 in the morning i left the car at the garage and i was told the car will remain at the garage
Till afternoon , I was contacted at 16:00 to come an take the car at 17:00
On arrival i was prezented with what happend that day with my car that is was inspected and some parts will need to be ordered but they did manage to do a softwer update for the radio in this time. No other job was done will need to come back ,
My car is a £41.000 new mercedes
7 months old it has a lot of wind noise and drivers door was not alined properly .
When i arrived home i was curios to see what have they don all day as they looked like they lie to me , the car has a cctv camera that recored all day .
the car was unthached at 16:30 a guy came to wash the car ,at 17:00 i came to take the car home,
They lied to me that they done work on it ect
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/29/2016
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What would you like to know about this please?

Hi Ben
What are my rights in this situation ?
Shuld this be left like that and other people to be lied by an official Mercedes-Benz branch

What were you told was supposedly done on the car?

That they will investigate all the problems and they will go and test drive the car to see where is the noise sorce ,they keept the car all day and they just gave me
The car back as i left it .i was told they need to order parts for the car when they have not cheked the car at all ...

I presume all was done under warranty and you did not pay anything?

under waranty but nothing was done i was lied in my face
Im speaking about dishonesty and misleading not money

I understand your argument but just lying and misleading you is not in itself unlawful. If we started challenging everyone who has not told the truth or bent the facts, then there will be a never-ending stream. It only really becomes an issue when such misleading comments or statements have resulted in losses to you. For example, if this was not a warranty job, but a paid one, and they mislead you and charged you for work which was not carried out, then that would be an issue. However, in this case no losses were suffered – this was a warranty job, it was not something which cost you anything so the fact that they had misled you would not invoke any breaches of laws. What you could argue is if they had told you that some specific work was done, such as that they had fixed something but they did not, you could argue that they had not completed the work to a satisfactory standard and that they should redo the work. However, if they only misled you about checking the car and they did not, this is not really a serious matter in the eyes of the law. It is a moral argument – I certainly agree it is immoral, but it is not unlawful.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Well im not hapoy with your answer not helpfull at all ,
maybe you are happy for peple to lie to you
Im not happy that mercedez benz is doing this stuff to clients ,

I cannot make up an answer which you would be happy with if it is not true - would you like e to lie to you too about what your legal position is? If that is what you want then I can come up with some lies to make you get the answer you are after nd will be happy with, but it will not be true. But I have to be honest and tell you what your legal position actually is, whether it is the answer you were hoping for or not...

Not helpful at all please try to pass me to a coleg
Thank you

ok but you will get the same answer because it is your ACTUAL position, not the want you want to hear

Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

I have been asked to look at this.

I can confirm that the answer you have received is accurate and the only one available unfortunately.

Im sorry but im not happy with this , so no legal acction can be taken for what happend to me i have cctv how my car was let in the car park ,when i was told that my car was cheked and some faults are fownd and they will be rectified later on ....
You mean that an apology is the most i can get .Im sorry but your service is not heplfull
I will ask for a refund as u just told me what i already know .
Thank you

Ok.

Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister