UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

Could you please help with a letter from controlaccount.com?

Customer Question
Hello,could you please help with...
Hello,could you please help with a letter from controlaccount.com?
They are in respect of DHL UK,ask me to pay the balance for a package delivered to a UK address 2 months ago.
I didn't get any invoice or notice when DHL company delivered the package.They suddenly dropped the letter 2 months later and request me to pay both the fee(didn't say what fee it is),and the late payment fee,and it's increasing everyday.But I have paid according to their instuctions in the letter,however my payment is done but the balance is still there,and increased 5.5 pounds today!This is ridiculous and confusing,but they only answer the phone and then ask me to wait for their email,I sent many emails to controlaccount,but got no reply at all.Please tell me what should I do now?Thanks!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/29/2016
Solicitor: Ben Jones, UK Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer

Hello.how have you tried contacting them so far?

Yesterday I called,the customer service offered me an email address,I sent email,got no reply,then I learned how to pay and find the outstanding balance amount on their website controlaccount.com,and I paid in full by paypal,the page showed payment received,then not only the balance is still there,but also increased!So I filled a form to contact them for twice at once.Then I called again today after about 8 hours since I paid by paypal,at the same time I found the outstanding balance increased 5 pounds again!they still ask me to wait for their email when I called.I have repeatedly emailed them twice just now.But they are increasing the outstanding balance even faster and in bigger amount after I paid in full.This seems like a thief.
Hi Ben,are you still there?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Yes sorry my connection dropped. Have you tried to collect the package from DHL after you have paid?

it's not like that Ben.The package was delivered to the warehouse company that I cooperate with in UK,2 month ago.

will take a look now

The bill came suddenly after 2 months since the package was delivered.And I did try to check the invoice in DHL uk site,it shows 54.62 pounds there.And I did emailed DHL uk,they didn't reply me.When I chat with online service of DHL uk,they said I should talk to controlaccount because they handle my invoice.
So the issue is,I paid in full already,but the balance is not cleared to zero,but even increasing sharply!And both DHL and controlaccount don't reply my emails!

ok thanks

These are the screenshots of the payment records in my paypal account.

thanks

Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

I have been asked to look at this.

So, in short, you have paid or you haven't?

Hi thanks.Yes already paid 11hours ago!I attached the paypal records above.After I paid,the outstanding balance is still increasing,and increased sharply today after I paid.

OK. Are you asking if you are liable?

I just worry if they don't post my payment and clear my balance,the outstanding balance is still there,and increasing everyday!They will continue threaten me.

Ok. So what is your question about this please?

They didn't clear my balance as soon as I paid,they are requesting more money and if I ignore it,they may increase my balance to a huge amount,this is what I am worrying,and if it happens,will the court support them and charge me the amount they want?

It depends what their account is for this.

If you paid in full then they do not have a claim for anything at all.

You can always raise a dispute with Paypal if you don't agree the sums deducted.

they might not accept this decision but the question is whether they could enforce their claims in court.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

They kept quiet for 2 months and suddenly sent the invoice to me to ask for the payment,I worry if they keep quiet then again beat me with another new invoice with larger debt amount??They don't say anything about my payment,I consider it as they do not permit my payment and my bill is cleared.And they continue to charge me delay payment fee.And I don't know what is their basis for charging how much delay payment fees.

As I have said, if you dispute the payments then you can raise a dispute with Paypal.

No Jo,I know the dispute function of paypal,I am a shop owner online.It's not about opening a case to get my money back,it's about to let controlaccount admit my payment and admit my bill is cleared.But they seem don't.What can I do in this case?It seems like I have paid my debt to somebody,but that guy doesn't admit it,and still asks me to pay him back,also pay delay fee.

But those are paypal transactions?

I SAID I DO NOT WANT MY MONEY BACK.I WANT THEM TO ADMIT IT AND STOP KEEPING SHOWING IN THEIR WEBSITE THAT I STILL OWE THEM MONEY,AND THE BALANCE IS INCREASING EVERYDAY.
It's not the point I paid by paypal or by credit card or anything else.It's not the point.The point is they got the payment,but they don't admit it and continue to ask me to pay.
Jo C.
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister