UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My ex accused me of malicious communications, i was arrested…

Customer Question
hi, my ex accused me...
hi, my ex accused me of malicious communications, i was arrested and detained at the police station for 8 hours and released on bail, to go back to the police station on the 01/04/16. what will be the next step?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/29/2016
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 2 years ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

To achieve what?

what will happen when i go back on the 1/02/16 to the police
sorry on the 1/04/16
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

What is the evidence against you?

there is none at the moment, they will tell me when i go back on the 1/04/16. they took my daughter's laptop as i don't have one and my mobile. there are no photos of him on my mobile and i don't use my daughter's laptop

Ok. I can't really say what they will do unless I know what the evidence is.

There must be something otherwise they couldn't have arrested you.

It might not be enough for charge but there must be something.

he showed the police some naked photos of him he got off facebook, the police took my daughter's laptop , ipod and my mobile, but there are no photos of him there

HOw did they come to be on facebook?

he told the police my put them on facebook and i don't even have photos of him, he's trying to set me up because i broke up with him, he told me once an ex girlfriend took some naked photos of him

Ok. But how did they get on Facebook?

i don't know , i never saw them, he told the police he did not see them but his friends did

Were they on your page?

no no no , the police said it was a new page someone set up. i don't have any of his potos.

I presume it is not going to ink back to you then?

no i don't have them on my laptop or mobile , i have never seen them. i am upset of the way i was treated by the polce
my finger prints taken , photo taken and dna taken as if i was a criminal when i am not guilty

They take the fingerprints of everybody who passes through custody under arrest now.

There are restrictions upon what they can do with them but they can take them.

ok, what will happen when they find out i was not the one that post his naked photo on facebook? can i sue him for false accusation

You could sue in defamation depending on what he has said.

That will cost in excess of £10k and there is no legal aid.

i was sick when i was arrested and locked up for 8 hours, i was in terrible pain and shortness of breath.
he told the police we broke up in september and i took the photos in october, how can that be possible? we broke up in december. thank you for your help

I'm not sure why you couldn't have taken the photos?

In any event, it isn't really material when they were taken.

i don't understand your last message
why would i want to take naked photos of him?

The same reason anybody else does I suppose?

I'm happy to continue with this but please rate my answer.