UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

My children hold French passports. They were each born and…

Customer Question
My children hold French passports...
My children hold French passports. They were each born and have lived all their lives in London. My wife is French. I am British.
1. Can the children apply for British passports in the normal way ?
2. If the children acquire British passports, will this have any effect on their French passports and nationality under British law or French law ?
thank you for your help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
1/20/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

1. From what you have written you can apply for British passports for your children in the normal way.

2. It is not uncommon for people to have dual passports - French and British. It is unusually unnecessary as both countries are within Europe but with the Brexit debate there may be merit in holding both.

Happy to discuss but please rate positive.