How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 33011
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a male, I was born in India of British parents in 1940,

Customer Question

I am a white male, I was born in India of British parents in 1940, came to England in 1957, joined the British Army (Grenadier Guards) for six years, married an English girl in 1966. I have 3 children, all born on this country and my passport which I have held for since 1965 still classifies me as a British Subject. How do I become a British Citizen
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

There is a specific application form and criteria which you must complete. From what you have already written above I do not see this as an issue for you at all.

This is the form -

In light of the fact that you have been here for so long you may actually decide to apply for naturalisation and I attach herewith the form for this -

Happy to discuss. Please rate positive

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps but please can you rate positive. Thanks