UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

I owe money to a former employee that went was dissolved in…

Customer Question
I owe money to a...
I owe money to a former employee that went was dissolved in 2008. The relievers never contacted me to repay the debt. In 2005 the company put a charging order on my house. Am I still liable and can the order be removed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
1/16/2016
Solicitor: Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate replied 2 years ago
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

I am afraid so. Once the company has been dissolved, its assets become ‘bona vacantia’ (literally meaning ‘ownerless goods’) and automatically pass to the Crown. Where a company has an interest in land this will also pass to the Crown.

The Bona Vacantia division of the Crown is administered by the Treasury Solicitor’s department. You will need to contact them about the charge (you are going to need to do this anyway if you ever want to sell the house as the charge will need to be resolved to allow for a sale). You may be able to come to a deal with them to have the charge removed for a negotiated sum. I hope that this. Please rate positive. Thanks

I hope that this helps. Can you please remember to rate positive for me. Thanks