How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 33038
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owe money to a former employee that went was dissolved in

Customer Question

I owe money to a former employee that went was dissolved in 2008. The relievers never contacted me to repay the debt. In 2005 the company put a charging order on my house. Am I still liable and can the order be removed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate positive.

I am afraid so. Once the company has been dissolved, its assets become ‘bona vacantia’ (literally meaning ‘ownerless goods’) and automatically pass to the Crown. Where a company has an interest in land this will also pass to the Crown.

The Bona Vacantia division of the Crown is administered by the Treasury Solicitor’s department. You will need to contact them about the charge (you are going to need to do this anyway if you ever want to sell the house as the charge will need to be resolved to allow for a sale). You may be able to come to a deal with them to have the charge removed for a negotiated sum. I hope that this. Please rate positive. Thanks

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope that this helps. Can you please remember to rate positive for me. Thanks