How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is the same issue with the same company advertised on

Customer Question

Hi, this is the same issue with the same company advertised on this page. PIMO, company in the north owes me £12000 which I need back.
However, I have checked with Companies House and they had a winding up order - petitioned on 22nd June and commenced on the 3rd August.
How do I go after my money?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the money owed for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it is for property investment. The company is called PIMO, based in Nottingham, run by a woman called Samantha Bailey who is the director. Pimo Deals is in liquidation. According to Companies House she has a other companies registered. The most recent one, Pimo Estates, was served a First Gazette notice for Compulsory Strike Off on the 5th January. She also has other companies in her name. They are all the one trade, though. So, I don't know to whom I should address the statutory demand - to one of the companies that is healthily active, or to Pimo Estates? - where would I stand if they have a Strike Off notice already?
She has allegedly referred my case to be dealt with by a colleague in another property business (who I understand has some deal with her whereby he bankrolls some of her investments). However, the agreement I have is with ***** ***** and PIMO.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist you. Can you confirm the following:

(i) Has a liquidator been appointed?

(ii) Did you receive security for your investment - i.e a debenture over the company assets?

(iii) What was the nature of your agreement with the director? Did she personally guarantee your money?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. I don't know - not sure how to find out. Contact Companies House directly?
2. No
3. The money is not personally guaranteed but she is still operating in another company name.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. ***** will tell you if a liquidator has been appointed - if a liquidator has been appointed you need to contact the liquidator and tell them how much money you are owed. In relation to the director was she a party to the contract you signed with this company? Kind regards AJ