How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car stationary was t by car driven by driver taking bend

Customer Question

My car stationary was hit by car driven by driver taking bend too fast. Write off value for car �1200. To purchase a similar vehicle same age and mileage -�2500. Cost to have tow bar fitted as was on my old car (I am a Smallholder and sometimes require to use my trailer to carry animal feed etc) about �150, cost to transfer my Cherished number to a replacement car approx �80.
All in all I think I am about �1600 out of pocket as a result of the accident.
Can I claim against the other driver through the Small Claims Court using Tort Law
Your reply is awaited with concern
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I presume you have told your insurance company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I have submitted an offer for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course I did
I have paid £11.00 and if that answer is the best that you can do I would like a refund.I have contacted paypal and they have told me to ask you for a refund first
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Opting out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund my money