UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I got a fine from CANDEM council it is 130 pounds but it say

Customer Question
if I pay before 14...
I got a fine from CANDEM council it is 130 pounds but it say if I pay before 14 days I will have to pay only £ 65 pounds, but I did a STATUTORY DECLARATION because I did not received the firsts letters they send me with the fine, I received a letter when passed more than 30 days , THEN FOR THIS I DID A STATUTORY DECLARATION saying I did not received the letter then I could not pay before the 14 days the REDUCED AMOUNT OF £65now the sent me another letter, BUT THEY DONT GIVE ME THE POSSIBILITY TO PAY THE REDUCED AMOUNT OF £65 POUNDS, they just directly say I have to pay £130 pounds.then two questions.1. should they give me the oportunity after the STATUTORY DECLARATION, to pay before the 14 days the REDUCTED AMOUNT OF £652 I received this second letter on 9 december 15, the first letter was sent on 19 /05/15 but I did not receive them , then the statutory declaration, NOW I HAVE ASKED THEM WHY 130 POUNDS IF PREVIOUSLY WAS 65 POUNDS, then they give me 28 days to pay this 130 pounds if not i have to pay more. MY QUESTION IS. ARE THIS 28 DAYS RUNNING OR THEY ARE STOPPED TILL THEY ANSWER MY QUESTION ? the problem they dont have a phone number to call them
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Law
12/25/2015
Solicitor: Jo C., Barrister replied 1 year ago
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister

Is there any reason you think it may lead to a reduction?

Also, I notice you have not yet rated a previous answer so I would be grateful if you could do that now.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
previous answer I rated you with 4 starts, let me know what answer was not rated. well about your questions of reasons may lead to a reduction . 1. I did STATUTORY DECLARATION becouse I received the first letter of this fine on 12/08/15, and they said they sent me letters on19/05/15 , 24/06/15 and 12/08/15 with a INCREASING OF THE FINE FROM 130 POUNDS TO 195 POUNDS
2. I did the STATUTORY DECLARATION saying I did not received letters on19/05/15 , 24/06/153. THEN I COULD NOT PAY BEFORE THE 14 DAYS, to get the REDUCTED AMOUNT OF £65, because I did not receive any letter till 12 /08/15
3. the answer to my STATUTORY DECLARATION SAY : The responded filed a statutory declaration?witness statement on 18 November 15. It is ordered that the order for recovery of unpaid penalty charge be revoked. It is futher ordered that the charge certificate and the notice to owner?enforcement notice be cancelled.but it say this order does NOt cancel the original Penalty charge notice.4. then I BELIEVE, they should give me again the oportunity to PAY THE REDUCTED AMOUNT for pay before the 14 days. what do you think?

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/b6f77b48b9084c3dbf9f0d3ef866212a

Did you get the original fine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
as I told you, they say they sent me the enforcement notice on19/05/15 , 24/06/15 and 12/08/15 but I did not receive the first and the second, this is a shared house and somebody steal letters, I only received the enforcement letter on 12/08/15, and MY STATUTORY DECLARATION WAS THAT, I did not received the 2 first letters, BUT THE IMPORTANT IS WHAT SAY the county court to my STATUTORY DECLARATION : the charge certificate and THE NOTICE TO OWNER / ENFOCEMENT NOTICE IS CANCELED. but this order does not cancel the original penalty charge notice. THEN I UNDERSTAND THIS RESOLUTION FROM COUNTY COURT, CANCELL THE ENFORCEMENT ORDER OF 12/08/15 WHICH i RECEIVED, , CANCEL TOO THE LETTER CAMDEN COUNCIL SAY SENT ME ON 24/06/15 BUT NO THE FIRST ONE, WHAT I understand it means the 14 days I still. it is important you take note of this, this order does not cancel the original penalty charge notice, the one that say I have 14 days to pay the reduced amount.

/

I will opt out as I see you were displeased with my previous answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
then you should not start this, now will be difficult other solicitor resume it. and as told you, I did the question bad then your answer will not be appropiated.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but as you can see, all you answered had not sense, because the question was bad done.
in the previous queston

Sorry, can't help.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you should have opt out before start the conversation, now it will be difficult other solicitor answer, it is very easy to say sorry, I want remember you, time ago, about a traffic fine with points, I asked you if like in spain if I go to court saying that I would like notpoints, if it would happen, you said me no, that I will get the points by sure, I appealed, just to say to the court I am proffesional driver and points will damage me a lot, the court fined me, but NO POINTS,

I am very sorry but I am not able to help. I have opted out for others for you.

Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer