UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I was assaulted physically and sexually by a 2 to 1 special

Customer Question
Hello I was assaulted physically and...
Hello
I was assaulted physically and sexually by a 2 to 1 special needs learner at a special needs school while my colleagues chose not to intervene. I had to defend myself against this male learner using techniques that were approved by the school and one occasion I had to use self-defence. One my colleagues reported to the Head of Care that I assaulted this special needs learner and the Head of Care made the decision to suspend me without taking any statements from me. The Head of Care did not tell me why I was suspended or the reason for it.
The Head of Care called LADO and reported this alleged incident and I found myself getting arrested by the Police not long after the incident occurred. I was put in custody for hours and I was let go out on bail. I was on bail for months and at the end, the police had to drop the charges for common assault because there was no evidence for it. My employer finally did the internal investigation after 10 months. They did not tell me the outcome
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Law
12/16/2015
Solicitor: Jenny Mackenzie,
 replied 1 year ago
Jenny Mackenzie

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. What would you like to know about this situation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After the internal investigation, the school has decided that me going back to work would make them to conduct many disciplinaries at work. Instead, they offered a binding agreement and to settle financially. I don't want to be short changed due to the severity of the case. They have proposed a settlement amount and since so far I have done used legal help, I am unsure if their claims are fair .
Solicitor: Jenny Mackenzie,
 replied 1 year ago

Have you taken the settlement agreement to a solicitor yet? Have they offered to pay for you to take advice under the agreement?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They have offered to pay for legal costs up to a certain amount. I want to do the right thing at this stage since I'm not a legal professional and what has happened at school was not something that I wish to happen to anyone.
Solicitor: Jenny Mackenzie,
 replied 1 year ago

so have you seen a solicitor yet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. So far what I have done I have done it myself and by research.
Solicitor: Jenny Mackenzie,
 replied 1 year ago

I need to know what you have been offered in order to assist you with this.

Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer