How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70281
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my partner separated. my partner left unaware and

Customer Question

Customer: hi me and my partner separated. my partner left unaware and took my son with contact for five weeks. she left as i thought she was cheating. i sent her very angry emails and voicemails as i had no contact with my son. i then sent an email to an address of a school work colleague mistaking it for a guy as it ws in her inbox. a few weeks later i received a letter saying she reported me to the poice. i went there and was arrested and given bail as she made an allegation i pushed her over 2 years ago without proof. it was actually her that hit and scratched me. she compiled a 104 page report on me about the emails i sent with these other allegations. i was charged with abh yet only the emails are true. theres no reports i have never hit her. since on bail she has told me she has retracted her statement and apparently she said she gave a signature no questions asked.i am to surrender in january and i have never been arrested before. my partner told me that the police arent going to interview the female work colleague. wherther this is true?she also told my mum beforehand she was going to drop it.the emails appear threatening but they are just wrds angry she took my son.What will happen when i surrender?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my name is ***** ***** see above
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $45) to post your type of question to UK Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes thats fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

So, in short, she has reported you for harassment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i was charged for abh, and domestic violence.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Are you asking if you have a defence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
plus my bail conditions were amended by family judge allowing access to my son and contact with my prtner by email, phne or text. I have also alllowed my partner live in the house with my son on condition i move out next week
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Is there any truth in her allegations?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not for the abh allegations, theres no reports or proof, no fact found by family judge, which is probably why i am allowed contact with both my son and ex partner. My partner has allowed me unsupervised access to my son. An incident in 2012 was the only police incident, but nobody was arrested and it was reported shouting by the neighbours. It was a few objects thrown such as orange juice, but not at anyone and nobody hurt, just shouting. This is the incident she refers to, together with allegations i pushed her in 2013, which isnt true as it was her hitting me which she has done many times. she threw a phone at my head in front of my mother, which i stated at the interview, the rest i gave no comment.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

That is obviously a defence then. if they facts are as you say then it is probably worth running. Make sure you elect Crown Court trial.

Can I clarify anything for you?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean by its worth running?. Yes i am to surrender bail in January so will they detain me until a court date?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, they will probably bail you. No reason to remand you especially if you answer bail without issue.