How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9125
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am from the UK and my Wife i from Indonesia who has just

Customer Question

I am from the UK and my Wife i from Indonesia who has just been refused a vistors visa for 6 months 4.2 A & C appendia V can I appeal their decision and whaat would the costs be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife does not work as she has no reason too as I support her, I get an NHS pension but I am not state pension age for a few years yet.Also the website states not to book trave ticket until a decision has been made, so no ticket was booked and they say there is no evidence she would leave the UK and has no ties to her homeland
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent a zip file which contains two JPGs of the document, not much more for me to say.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for your question. Can you give some background. Where do you live? Why was your wife coming to the UK? Does she own a home in Indonesia? What ties doe she have that can demonstrate she will leave at the end of the trip.

The UK border agency is always concerned to ensure visa nationals will leave at the end of their stay so it is crucial to have evidence of ties to her home country. There is no right of appeal but if you can produce evidence then you can ask them to reassess or reapply.