How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 70295
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the UK, can I (as a legal, tax paying escort/ who trades

Customer Question

in the UK, can I (as a legal, tax paying escort/prostitute who trades under her own limited company) officially employ and pay wages to my husband, who lives in our home, where I work. I want to pay him wages for the housework he does. (like a reversal of the traditional housewife role) He does not assist with the administration of my job as an escort. No one else works in our home.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You can have any arrangement you like.

However you are at risk of the police coming along and sticking their noses into this and saying that you are paying him commission because he is a pimp. They will have to do more than show a transfer of money to achieve that although obviously a difficult question to answer might be why he doesn't object to this.

Generally speaking, one girl operating from a residential home with a maid does not offence but you have to take on board that the maid is generally female and your husband is male and the law is outrageously biased in favour of women in the UK I'm afraid.

Can I clarify anything for you?