How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9141
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I employ a carer and pay her with the direct payments I

Customer Question

I employ a carer for myself and pay her with the direct payments I receive from the council. She got angry with me last week and gave in her 4 wk notice. She has hardly spoken to me since, and I now, don't trust her and dont feel safe with her around....Can I legally terminate her employment with immediate effect, or do I have to keep her til the end of her notice? I am paralyzed, using a wheelchair, and she does my personal care daily
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How long has she worked for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 year
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I have been asked to look at this.

Do you have a contract with her? What does it say about notice?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi, yes she has a contract and it says 4 wks notice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I would have had this sorted by now...I hope no money has been taken off my card....of it has please credit it back. I'm disappointed with the service
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Helo apologies for the delay but we are practising lawyers and not always online, hence why you get a service for a much lower fee than if you had come in to see us face to face. i have your full answer if you still want to continue with this?