How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9147
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have recently been in the local and national newspapers,

Customer Question

Hi, I have recently been in the local and national newspapers, is there a way that a "gag" order or protection order can be put in place as ive not been coping well with all the bad media. The complexities of the articles make it worse as this case affects my family and they have mental health issues already which had been advised but not mentioned anywhere.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you

Is any of the reporting inaccurate on the facts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Claire, I understand newspaper and media outlets are out there to make money and sell their brand however in the manor that my case has been dealt with compared to other it just felt like there's just some injustice, however, there was 2 points on the articles that were incorrect but I just wish for the entire article to go away. It's driving me down a very serious and dangerous path and I haven't been able to sleep since it came out, I'm extremely unhappy and this is not who I am.. I used to be that really happy and friendly guy but this is cause me a lot of mental stress.One of my family members suffers from mental health issues and I had asked for this to be dealt with in the most serious of manners but I had asked for some discretion. Not a single gram was given and im now worried something tragic may occur to my family member.I just need some legal advice, help or a way forward.thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Are there any children involved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No one under the age of 18.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Is the matter a criminal one or simply about your personal position?