How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9118
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I split from my partner Feb 14. unmarried. We have sold home

Customer Question

Hello, I split from my partner Feb 14. unmarried. We have sold home owned unjoint names and split money. When I first met him I owned my house and sold it to him at under market value (i had self cert. mortgage (=expensive) I sold him house for c. £200k then less than 12 months later house was sold for £272,500. Balance was then used for part deposit of our "family home" purchased just in his name! We bough those when our first child was 6 months old as family home and lived there for 3 years. we then moved abroad and house was rented out and still is. Can I register a beneficial interest in the property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the "family home" worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Was there ever any discussion about how the profits would be shared?