How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9118
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is yvonne i received a 12 monthe conditional

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** received a 12 monthe conditional discharge 30 years ago for a shoplifting affence will thios affect my entry into australia
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.

To enter Australia, you must not have any criminal convictions where the sentence was 12 months or more. A conditional discharge is not a prison term, it is in fact one of the lowest sentences a court can give, so you can travel to Australia.

If this has answered your question please accept my answer. If not, please ask further questions.