UK Law

Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts

UK Law

I need to press charges against a UK based company,

Customer Question
Hi, I need to press charges...
I need to press charges against a UK based company, Plustocks Pty LTD. Based information on your site, the only option remaining is to litigate. I am based in South Africa.
Please advise of your charges to send a final demand to Plustocks (London Based) or to litigate.
Thank you
Regards
Mohamed
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Law
Answered in 1 day by:
11/10/2015
Solicitor: Alice H, Solicitor/Partner replied 2 years ago
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a solicitor based in London. I’ll be happy to assist you with your question.

We are not a firm of lawyers - this site deals with Q&A only. Can I assist with particular questions that you may have?

Firstly, I think it's important that I provide a quick background on Plustocks.
Plustocks is a "Binary Options Broker" offering retail online trading to the public. Basically, the consumer deposits funds into a Plustocks account, and Plustocks either trades on behalf of the consumer or the consumer trades on the platform. Profits and Funds deposited can be withdrawn by the Plustocks customer. Plustocks are not allowing me to withdraw funds deposited after I decided not to engage with Plustocks.History on my dealings with Plustocks:
I engaged with Plustocks regarding an investment opportunity and arranged for a deposit to be made into the Plustocks MetroBank bank account via SWIFT. (Please see attached SWIFT Proof of Payment). (the payment was made by a relative)Subsequently, I found a FINMA report on potentially dishonest dealings by Plustocks. (see warning here: https://www.finma.ch/en/finma-public/warning-list/plustocks/)I then discussed concerns with Plustocks and tried really hard to get some sort of comfort on the safety of the money deposited.I also stumbled upon a different contact number for Plustocks on the Plustocks mobile website. This number responds with a voice recording stating that "The number has been suspended due to potential or actual fraudulent activity"At this point I opted to withdraw all funds from Plustocks.It has been 2 months since my "Plustocks Withdrawal Application" and I have received nothing but excuses relating to AML concerns. I have requested unequivocally that funds be returned to the bank account of the original deposit. I have NOT requested a withdrawal to an alternate bank account.I have been told on a few occassions that a payment has been made back to the source bank account and funds will reflect within a week. However, the funds never appear and Plustocks cannot provide any proof of payment.Evidence on this matter can be submitted over e-mail
What do you recommend I do? Is it possible to litigate in the UK from South Africa? If so, can you help by directing me to a lawyer that can assist?
Ben Jones
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer