Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have a full copy of my deeds. It was supllied several

Customer Question

I have a full copy of my deeds. It was supllied several years ago by Halifax when I wanted to buy out ground rent. I did not do this. I have misplaced the original deed given when I paid of the mortgage. Now I am selling and need deeds. What is involved in reconstituting from copyType your question here
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry.

I trust that your Deeds are not registered at the Land Registry?

I take it that the property remains Leasehold?

Were you the original Buyer of the property from new or had previous people lived in the property before you purchased?

You say you have a full copy of the Deeds- but have mislaid the "original Deed". Do you mean original Deeds?

I look forward to hearing form you.

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean original Deeds. I am not first owner. I have owned since 2001. I am the 4th owner. The property is still leasehold.

Hi, thanks for your reply. If you purchased in 2001, the Deeds should be registered at the Land Registry. If so, your Solicitor will be able to obtain a copy via the Land Registry website, and that is all the Buyers Solicitor will require to see. Hence, you have no problem and the Sale can proceed.

If you are happy to disclose your address, I can do a search to check if the Deeds are registered.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Al