How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34107
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Jenny, my son owns a leasehold flat and has been unemployed

Customer Question

Hi Jenny, my son owns a leasehold flat and has been unemployed for quite some time. he has tried to claim benefit to pay for his service charge and hml payment approx. 60 pound a month with no success. everyone he approaches about this including his local council just will not give him a straight answer. Can he claim benefits for these charges or not?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jenny Mackenzie replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for your question. Unfortuantely this is not my area of law so I will opt out for others to assist you.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

No I am afraid that there are no benefits available to cover these charges which are linked to his ownership of the property

Please ask if you need further details