How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was punch in the face by one of my house mates in this

Customer Question

I was punch in the face by one of my house mates in this night. I was at the hospital because my left eye have need to be care of blinding. I just need advices how to solve the situation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually i am woory about my eye in this days and my face but the worriest thing, is because i can do my job on this time, all my earnings is gonna be affected by this situation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was inform the Metropolitan Police Station Collindale about this happen, you can see some pictures about my situation
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you asking whether you can make a compensation claim?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

You can make a claim for compensation through the government agency called the criminal injuries compensation authority. The service is free of charge and all you have to do is make a claim online and supply all the information about the injury and also give them permission to contact your Doctor or hospital. Here is the website:

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

You must cooperate fully with the authority and also with the police who will be investigating this matter; you must also notify the authority of any changes in your claim and allow them to check your background. You don't need a solicitor to help you with your claim but if you did instruct a solicitor they would probably take a percentage of your claim usually up to 30%.

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

Can I assist any further? Please remember to take a moment to rate my answer.