How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9143
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am unhappy with the way a coroner has treated me, I have

Customer Question

I am unhappy with the way a coroner has treated me, I have lost my daughter suddenly , and she was in a violent relationship, as well as mental violence, she has had nothing to do with her ex partner for 6 years but continued to hound her( to her death). My grandson was taken away from her a year ago , by the childs father, due to continued bullying .we have had no contact, my daughter was under East Surrey domestic violence unit, Tina/ Grace were working with her, during this time she was moved to various locations in order to keep her safe, East Surrey police have numerous complaints against her ex partner, but we were unable to stop his harassment , even injunctions did not stop him , unfortunately enough was enough and she passed away on the 2 nd sept 2015. My daughters next of kin is her 8 year old boy Bleu McCarthy , because of this the coroner has been keeping my daughters ex partner informed , I have found legislation that says there is no need for him to be informed because my grandson is 8 years old, I am deverstated as Mr McCarthy has been gloating and putting stuff on face book,.
I have explained to Gemma wolferden, coroner , East Surrey the situation , and instead of being greeted with sympathy, her whole attitude is ice cold and sterile , this has been on all occasions I have spoken to her, these are the people who have cut my daughter up, for investergation, I need to be treated with respect and understanding, I have also asked the domestic violence unit to please speak to her and get her to look at the legislation before given Mr McCarthy information about my daughter, please help me ,
My name is*****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

I am so very sorry for your loss

Which legislation are you referring to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have changed my mind and disscided to go to a solicitor
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

That is an excellent idea - and I hope you are able to resolve it

When you feel strong enough do consider applying for contact with your grandchild