How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 34234
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Clare is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I met and got married in England in 1991. We

Customer Question

Hi, my husband and I met and got married in England in 1991. We moved to Angola in 2006 (he is an Angolan national and I am from Zimbabwe). We want to get divorced but we are not sure if the divorce needs to be filed in the Uk and if so how do we go about it.
Our marriage has not been officially recognized here in Angola.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Since neither of you are Resident in the Uk you would not be able to issue a Petition here - you will need to do so un Angola or possibly Zimbabwe

Please ask if you need further details