How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 11286
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made a statement to police over domestic abuse the police

Customer Question

I made a statement to police over domestic abuse the police have handled it badly dropped all charges and never told me. Then they said they have reopened the case still not heard a thing. Since this I've met with my husband and he is now getting help and have sorted a lot out. I've been in hospital because of all this due to stress.i want to retract my statement how do I do it .thanks Shan
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Tell the police you have reconciled and don't want to press charges any more.